Off to Dallas from Amarillo, then Atlanta, then Heathrow, then the AIFS house. I really do think I was meant to travel or born to fly because a) I have short legs which makes the limited room you have around your feet on planes doable b) I can sleep anywhere, anytime. This is very good for having to sleep sitting practically upright for seven hours when it was the middle of the day when you left, but middle of the night halfway through the flight c) mini snacks, drinks, and movies to watch is all it takes to keep me entertained and happy on a flight d) I don’t have to go to the bathroom a lot, so I don’t have to bump the person sitting next to me a million times e) crying, kicking, annoying children don’t disturb my sleep f) I don’t mind waiting in terminals for a flight….unless it means running to my next flight.
Waiting in terminals is pretty fun for a people watcher like me. I sit there and watch all kinds of people go to their gates and wonder where are they going and why? You have the high school students (you can totally tell by their attitude, the way they dress, and they usually come in large groups), parents pushing babies in strollers (sorry, but I don’t know if flying with a baby is the way to go..refer to E), business men in their suits, and then the people traveling alone. As I watch them pass I wonder if they are going to meet someone, if they are leaving someone behind, going to do something important, running towards something exciting, or running away from something they’d rather forget. Sometimes, I make up situations to pass the time. For example, so and so in the suit is going to X to try to save his job where he does Y, and so on and so forth.
Another thing that is pretty interesting to think about is how a plane that weighs who knows how much can fly. That should not be possible. Also, why is airline chicken the only food that doesn’t taste like chicken? Seriously, avoid it at all costs and stock up on mini pretzels. Cheerio from Heathrow!! I made it with only one crying child, one switched seat, one bag that was last coming off the plane making me think they lost it, and one mad dash to a flight (made it with three minutes left..phew). That is a pretty good day of flying! Now all I want is sleep and sustenance, but its just after lunch here so both will have to wait :/. Got to jet (pun intended)!
-M
No comments:
Post a Comment